Building Maintenance Operative
West London (Ealing)
To c.27k per annum (Dependent on experience) + Benefits
Full and Part Time Opportunities Available
Monday to Friday - Shifts between 8am - 6pm on a rota basis + 8am - 5pm on rota'd Saturdays
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Operative for our client within the student accommodation sector. You will provide support and provide assistance to the Accommodation Manager to ensure that the accommodation building, utilities, plant, machinery and equipment are properly maintained, making appropriate recommendations for planned maintenance as required.
- Carrying out reactive and preventative maintenance work (carpentry, tiling, basic plumbing, basic electrical, guttering, decorating, plastering, kitchen and bathroom maintenance and more)
- Carrying out fault finding
- Carrying out repairs
- Complying with Health & Safety processes and responsibilities
- Replacing light switches, light bulbs and fixtures
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
- Front of house customer service as required
You must be able to demonstrate skills in:
- Basic plumbing & electrics
- Experience in joinery
- Painting and decorating
- Grounds maintenance
- Health, safety and the environmental issues
- The ability to use computers proficiently to record and monitor works
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent time keeping
Having previous experience with this type of work is essential.
You must be smart in appearance, sociable and an excellent communicator and be able to work on your own initiative.
If you are looking to be part of something big in the future, then we want to hear from you.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration.
Please note in order to be considered you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.