As a Business Analyst you will be part of an agile development environment, building and working on enterprise grade software systems for an internationally recognised software business, this role is fascinating given the large complex nature of the products and the stakeholders. The business operates in the UK and US markets.
As a naturally curious person you will enjoying ‘getting under the skin’ of the product / product development, capturing requirements and really shaping the features and functionality of the software with a view to improving process and the user experience.
With ambition and innovation in the team there are new projects emerging at all times. The BA team of 6 is highly collaborative, giving you the opportunity to learn new skills and techniques from a very capable team.
Other highlights of the role include:
- Leadership of the continuous improvement of business analysis through a process of inspect and adapt. Accountable for the continued adherence to and promotion of the agreed methodologies within the development team.
- Engagement with business stakeholders and sponsors to understand the business case elements and working with architects, developers and testers to produce estimates and provide high level business cost/ benefit analysis where required.
- Actively engage the user throughout the development process to capture real time user feedback, to allow for the realignment of direction within the development cycle as appropriate.
- Ensure a complete and thorough understanding of any business problem raised to you and access the feasibility of any technical solution to the problem experienced to ensure a technical solution is the optimal resolution. Ensure adequate metrics and measures are available to substantiate business propositions.
- Effective stakeholder management and regular and appropriate communications to internal and external parties.
- Proactively manage projects on day-to-day basis, ensuring effective planning and scheduling of project resources to deliver projects within time and budget constraints.
- Prepare realistic and achievable project plans, actively monitoring progress and mitigating risks, issues and dependencies.
Knowledge & Skills With at least two years’ experience as a Business Analyst you will have some of the following:
- Appreciation and understanding of the requirements engineering process and the discipline and rigour required to achieve successful outcomes.
- Proven track record of delivering business benefit through the full software development life-cycle using agile and/or waterfall methodologies;
- An exceptional communicator who can translate between a technical and nontechnical audience with ease.
- An Analytical and critical thinking approach – avoids jumping to premature solutions before uncovering the real problem.
- An excellent problem solver who understands the importance and appropriate methodologies to obtain the true root cause of a problem and puts in place robust corrective and preventive measures.
- Highly developed organisation and time management skills with an adaptable and flexible approach to effectively manage changing demands and evolving priorities whilst being able to proactively identify new opportunities.
For a friendly and confidential discussion please contact Simon Bucknell. Role comes with exceptional benefits, flexible hours and working conditions, healthcare and pension.