Who we are looking for..
- Do you want to develop revolutionary software that is setting the standard for financial modelling?
- Would you like to work on the cutting edge of high performance computing?
- Have you got what it takes to hone your skills and make a valued contribution in a team of highly skilled and supportive developers?
If so, then we would love you to come and work on Tyche with us.
About the role..
Modern insurers often need to construct models of their entire business. There is an urgent need for software that can run these models fast enough so that they can be effectively used in real-time decision making. To meet this need, we developed Tyche. Tyche is a “supercomputer” software platform that can run financial models at game-changing speeds. Calculations that might have previously needed to run overnight can, with Tyche, be run in minutes or even seconds.
Our clients consulting offers the potential to work on a new, innovative product, and so has a fresh, dynamic atmosphere. In turn, you will benefit from the security of a large organisation, together with the dynamism of a start-up environment.
Although insurance is our current focus, the potential applications of Tyche are not limited to insurance risk management; Tyche is an extremely powerful general-purpose computation tool.
In terms of technology, we offer the chance to work across a broad modern stack, including:
- Core business logic in C#
- GUI development in WPF
- High-performance native code in C++
- Virtualisation and cloud deployment
We are open to applications for the role based in Chesterford Research Park, as well as our offices in Tower Bridge, London.
We help those in insurance and related sectors do things better. We deploy our team of highly skilled actuaries, accountants, MBAs and PhDs - all of whom specialise in insurance - to help our clients get ahead.
Our consultants provide a wide range of services not only in traditional actuarial services, both in life and general insurance, but in new innovative modelling solutions. With Tyche we are able to tackle more challenging modelling problems and provide companies with solutions that can be implemented into their daily business discussions by leveraging affordable “commodity” hardware and ground breaking advances in parallel software design.
The firm now has over 75 people bringing deep insurance knowledge, actuarial science, and software development skills to a growing client base. At RPC Consulting, we provide real career development, high quality work, inspiring project teams and excellent reward and recognition programmes.
Inclusion and Diversity..
People are at the heart of everything we do. We want every member of our team to feel welcome, valued and confident they'll achieve their career objectives here. It's the minimum our employees should expect of us - and it's good for business, too.
We partner with RPC Legal in relation to a number of inclusion and diversity initiatives and programmes. We will also consider those who require flexible working patterns.
- C# experience
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:1 or equivalent qualification in a numeracy based subject (mathematics, statistics, physics, computer science)
- Passionate about technology, and writing well-designed, well-tested code
- An eye for detail, and always looking to improve your skills
- Personable with the ability to build great relationships and collaborate with colleagues and clients alike
- Able to communicate and explain complex ideas to others
- Analytically minded, with a logical and thorough work ethic
Knowledge of Virtualisation technologies, Cloud - Azure/AWS/Google Compute, Microsoft HPC, WPF, and OpenMP) RPC Consulting
For more details please contact Laura Illingworth at EMBS on : 07944415395 or email on firstname.lastname@example.org