We are currently supporting a fantastic Tier 1 precision engineering firm located in the heart of Birmingham. The company supplies high end components to the most lucrative engineering sectors in the world. The business has been on the market for over 40 years, therefore it has a strong reputation and work stability.
The role at hand is a CNC Team Leader on a night shift. As a Team leader within one of the critical cells, you will be tasked to look after skilled CNC machinists, making sure all procedures are being followed correctly, adhering to 5s and setting KPIs, daily & weekly meetings with the management and the shop floor staff.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
- Strong CNC knowledge - Turning or Milling (ideally both)
- Previous CNC machining experience or apprentice trained
- Strong management & supervisory capabilities
- Precision engineering background - Aerospace, Automotive, MOD, Oil & Gas etc.
- Ability to understand LEAN manufacturing techniques and 5S - following those accordingly
Our client offers in return:
- Career stability & progression
- Permanent night shift: 7pm - 7am Mon - Thur
- Government pension scheme
- Free PPE & Eye Prescription
Interested? Please apply below and if you are suitable we will aim to get back to yourself within 5 working days. Due to large volume of applications, if you have not heard back within this time frame, please assume that your application was not successful.
CNC Foreman, CNC Charge Hand, CNC Team Leader, CNC Shift Supervisor, CNC Team Leading Machinist, CNC Charge Hand, CNC Foreman, CNC Shop Foreman Supervisor, CNC Machinist, Turning, Milling, 5s, Lean Manufacturing, Location: Birmingham, Pay: Negotiable DOE