Quality Engineer, Contract Quality Engineer, Quality Specialist, Quality Improvement, AS9100, Implementation, Aerospace, Engineering, Manufacturing, Aviation, Avionics, Location: Tamworth, Position: Fixed Contract, Contract Length: 6 months, Hourly rate: £28 - £32 per hour Ltd
QUALITY ENGINEERS POSITION AVAILABLE - TAMWORTH / LICHFIELD, 6 month fixed term contract
EMBS has recently formed a new working relationship with a prestigious, innovative, forward-thinking company that is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join their business on a fixed term 6 month contract.
Located near Lichfield / Tamworth, our client is requiring additional support with the implementation of AS9100 Rev D specifically.
This client currently holds ISO9001 and ISO17025 standard approvals but they are looking to expand on this and achieve the AS9100 standards over the coming months.
As a business, the company specialises in the complex manufacturing of bespoke, critical components which are in turn supplied to some of the worlds most lucrative, high profile industries.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Implementation of AS9100:2018
- Raise and work to a gap analysis
- Raise a plan of audits for the ISO9100:2018 system and conduct internal audits
- Problem solving - working with internal departments, customers and suppliers
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong Quality Engineering background
- Previously worked within the aerospace industry either for aerospace businesses or companies supplying into the aerospace markets
- Previous experience implementing AS9100
- Knowledge of FAIRs (preferable but not essential)
- Ability to carry out problem solving techniques such as 8D, 5Y etc.
- Working knowledge of continuous improvement
- Good understanding of QMS requirements
- Qualified auditor - Internal or external
- Sound organisation skills
In return the client is offering:
- Fixed-term contract - 6 months
- Competitive hourly rate - £28 to £32 per hour Ltd depending on experience
- Hours: 8am - 4pm Monday to Thursday, early finish on Friday
- 39.5 hours per week
- Modern working environment
If you feel your experience meets the above criteria and you are interested in the role, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org