Engineering Estimator, Estimator, Technical Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Location: Sheffield, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable
ENGINEERING ESTIMATOR / TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER WANTED - PERMANENT, SHEFFIELD
EMBS are working with a new expansive company engineering company based in Sheffield who are a specialist in manufacturing complex precision components for a number of industries.
This successful, high profile sub-contract precision engineering company produces varied complex parts, predominantly low to medium batch sizes.
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Engineer with a Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering background (or similar technical background) who has the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, produce routings and estimate or calculate machining times for new products.
PLEASE NOTE - We would also consider offering training to an Engineer or Machinist with a Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering background who has the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and who is or has previously been employed as a CNC machinist. This role offers a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to progress their career.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Interpretation of customers’ requirements from drawings and specifications
- Generation of machine shop processes and routings with appropriate times to determine machining costs in conjunction with site Production engineers.
- Liaison with material and sub contract service suppliers and Internal Supply Chain Management Team to determine best costs, deliveries for raw materials and sub contract services.
- Liaising with site Production Teams to determine best available lead time profiles to assign to quotations.
- Assessing the levels of risk on a project.
- Analysing company data, on repeat parts to ensure performance and pricing were acceptable to allow repeat quotations to be formulated and issued to the customer.
- Preparing and submitting accurate and adequately detailed quotations for work scopes to the site sales managers.
- Supporting the sales team with bids for new contracts and customer on boarding.
- To resolve all enquiries, effectively and efficiently
- Maintain accurate records of Estimating process and ensuring KPI`s are maintained
- To be proactive in approach to problem solving finding solutions to issues.
- Contribute ideas to continuous improvement programs
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate the following:
- Precision engineering / manufacturing background
- Strong knowledge around machining (CNC & Manual)
- Ability to calculate cycle times, manning hours etc. (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Ability to identify a method of manufacture working from an engineering drawing (desirable but not essential)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Computer literate
The role will suit individuals who are currently working as an Engineering Estimator, Technical Sales Engineer (Project Manager with estimating experience or an experienced CNC machinist who believes they would excel in the above role) OR CNC Machinists who are looking to progress within engineering, get a better work life balance, come off the tools but remain involved in precision manufacturing.
In return the client is offering:
- Stability and Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - £Negotiable depending on experience
- Hours: Days, early finish on Fridays
- Additional permanent benefits available
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org