Engineering Estimator, Estimator, Applications Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Aerospace, Engineering, Motorsport, Manufacturing, Machining, Location: Blackburn, Position: Permanent, Salary: Circa £40,000 p.a
Engineering Estimator wanted - Permanent, Blackburn
EMBS have recently engaged with a new partner who are a huge name within precision engineering as they hold a strong reputation for being specialists in manufacturing precision, complex components for a number of industries including Aerospace, Oil & Gas, Nuclear and Automotive just to name a few.
Established for 40 years and now one of the UK's multi award winning engineering companies, our client is currently winning substantial new orders and is therefore seeking an Engineering Estimator to join their business on a permanent basis.
This person may currently hold a role working as a Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Applications Engineer or Estimating Engineer.
The purpose of this role is to calculate quotes for new and existing products by identifying all elements of manufacture, including any sub contract services, using technical expertise to create detailed quotations for some of the most lucrative customers across the globe.
- Handling multiple and varied projects.
- Interpretation of customers’ requirements from drawings or computer models.
- Liaison with material and sub contract service suppliers to determine best external costs.
- Liaison with customers and follow up quotes / enquiries
- Generation of machine shop processes and routings with appropriate times to determine machining costs
- Preparation of detailed quotations
The successful applicant MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong machining experience
- Worked within a similar role for a precision engineering company that manufactures complex components for industries such as; Aerospace, Motorsport, Automotive, Nuclear, Oil & Gas
- Conversant with current tooling developments
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Ability to interpret / identify the method or route of manufacture from raw materials
- Confident communicator
- Computer literate
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Circa £40,000 p.a
- Days role - 8am - 5pm
- Additional benefits which include: 25 days holiday, profit share scheme, contributory pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, healthcare scheme, modern working environment, free car parking and much more.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org