Fabrication Supervisor, Fabrication Manager, Fabrication Team Leader, Production Supervisor, Welding Supervisor, Engineering, Manufacturing, Production, Aerospace, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent, Hourly rate: £15.10 ph
Fabrication Supervisor wanted - Permanent, Nottingham, Days
EMBS are working with a well renowned, precision engineering company who specialise in the manufacture of detailed, complex components for some of the most lucrative companies within their chosen industries.
Supplying to companies globally across a variety of sectors including Aerospace, our client is in the market for a Fabrication Supervisor to join their business on a permanent basis.
Located in Nottingham, this is a commutable distance from: Sheffield, Derby, Chesterfield, Nottingham, Worksop and surrounding areas.
The purpose of this role is to lead and motivate their team, ensuring standards are met and productivity / output complies with the company standards.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Create and develop Standard Operating Procedures and Work Instructions
- Train team leaders and the team and assign tasks
- Responsible for quality of their areas ensuring 5Y’s are used to find root causes and corrective actions are implemented
- Responsible for ensuring problem solving techniques are being used in conjunction with the Quality / Engineering to improve quality
- Monitor work progress of the Supervisors, team and cell leads
- Monitor and measure performance (Eg. RFT, OTIF, Dwell, Throughput, Late to Starts, Attendance and Productivity)
- Attend applicable team / management boards and meetings
- Daily updates of SQDCP boardsDevelop, train and mentor continuous improvement projects using lean toolbox techniques working with the CI Engineer to facilitate a CI culture
- Responsible for ensuring TPM & 5S schedules are in place and adhered to
- Responsible for ensuring OEE measures are being conducted and improvement action plans are implemented to improve performanceWork with the other Shop Floor Supervisor and Production Manager to ensure that Capacity is Planned
- Ensure operatives are always working safely and adhering to company H&S guidelines including wearing appropriate PPE
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Fabrication background
- Confident performing various Fabrication duties
- Management / Supervisory / Team Leader / Foreman experience
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Good understanding of GD&T and standard measuring equipment
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement activity
- Can-do attitude and good organisation skills
In return the client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Hourly rate: £15.10 per hour + overtime
- Days: Monday - Thursday 07:30-16:30 and Friday 07:30-12:30
- Benefits include: Contributory pension scheme, holiday entitlement, modern working environment, cycle to work scheme, online discount portal for retailers and gyms, onsite parking and more.
If you are interested in this position and feel you meet the above criteria, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com