Quality Assurance Engineer:
We are looking for IT graduates that what to learn and strengthen their knowledge and experience of testing and join a company whereby their actions can have an impact on helping create a healthier and safer world. A career with this Healthcare company will allow you to be a be part of an agile development environment, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. You will thrive in a highly collaborative environment, applying a variety of methodologies and techniques, working with Software Developers, Business Analysts and Quality Assurance to build revolutionary software solutions.
Reporting to the Quality Assurance Team Lead or Manager, you will be primarily engaged in delivering the testing and ensuring the quality of world class software in partnership with other team members.Working Agile, DevOps this organisation is very forward thinking, embracing AI and Machine Learning. They are now looking to embrace process automation particularly in software and testing. As such they are looking for a Graduate/Junior Software Tester to join the team to help them grow and deliver clever automation technologies, software and tools.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to;
- Manual testing of individual work streams. Taking responsibility for the quality of features as developed within your allotted sprint team.
- Contributing to the overall quality of the final solution through regression testing and awareness of interacting features within the software.
- Effective defect management through TFS including full defect reports, impact analysis, affected user base, environment information etc, through to retesting, appropriate regression and closure of the defect.
- Attending design and demonstration meetings. Using your knowledge of the system features and real-world use, to actively participate in discussions regarding the design of upcoming features ensuring that you understand the solution and have identified any potential pitfalls in the high-level design.
- Understanding of the quality process and the SDLC that it is part of.
- Creating test cases for the final validation phase of the quality process, ensuring that these tests are at the correct level of detail according to the feature being tested.
- Liaising with internal development and support teams to resolve issues such as software design queries, defect resolution and customer issues in the Live environment.
- Developing your area(s) of expertise within the system and acting as a subject matter expert in those areas.
- Suggest areas of improvement to the QA function through attending regular retrospectives and sharing experiences.
- Advocating an excellent overall user experience
Knowledge & Skills:
- A proactive attitude to problem solving and a sense of responsibility when completing feature testing or closing out an issue.
- A common sense approach to product testing, understanding the appropriate level of testing for a particular feature and the risks associated with it.
- A mature and professional individual who is self-motivated and enthusiastic. Able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment.
- Able to prioritise work and tasks under pressure.
- Expert eye for detail and consistency; no detail is too small or insignificant.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Excellent collaborative skills.
There is a great benefits package too!!
To apply: Please send your CV to Laura.email@example.com or apply directly through EMBS by applying to this advert, if you have any questions please contact Laura on 07944415395.