Our Client is a market-leading company specialising in business and cloud analytics, and are looking for a Head of Service Operations to lead their expert Operational and Support Consultant teams. They work with some amazing leading household name Customers.
They design and deliver a range of IT services on the Public Cloud and on-premise. They've facilitated these outcomes through designing, provisioning, supporting and optimising the customer’s solutions through performance and process analysis, interface development and data management strategies.
Reporting to the CEO, they are searching for an experienced IT Services Leader who will provide both vision and leadership to their highly experienced Operational Consultants and Service Delivery Managers. This individual will develop a clear IT services roadmap, focused on customer service excellence, service automation, service improvements and simplification.
This role will have overall responsibility for the delivery, management and improvement of services to support all customers needs as well as defining and driving service evolution metrics and continuous improvements. This role is part of the Senior Management team and will collaborate closely with the Professional Services teams, external service providers, partners and Engineering teams to ensure secure, consistent and high performance service is delivered to customers.
About the Role
- Contribute directly to our organisational strategy, development and quality of IT Service Management and the company’s service delivery capability
- Implementation of service automation methodologies / techniques and processes.
- Be responsible and accountable for the delivery of our Services and ensure their effective delivery, management and improvement to meet customer needs.
- Be an active stakeholder and driver in underlying operations process, support and infrastructure;
- Drive continuous improvements, process automation and service recommendations to customers at all time and across the supporting teams to meet and exceed existing customer contract/statement of work, Service Level Agreements (SLAs), and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs) and compliance requirements.
- Create, monitor, and report on a comprehensive set of metrics and KPIs based on the IT service deliverables and the agreements above;
- Develop both short and long term service and process goals and maturity levels to be achieved over iterations. Drive Service improvements which are incorporated with service Automation;
- Partner and collaborate with other teams to deliver a holistic IT Service Management program with a coordinated set of continuous improvement initiatives;
- Foster innovation, prioritise IT initiatives, and lead respective areas of service expertise;
- Ensure readiness for new and/or matured processes and services with full oversight of Change and Release management programs;
- Develop and lead the Major Incident Management function;
- Develop, implement, monitor and improve Operational Level Agreements;
- Provide strong team leadership in organisation, prioritise and document tasks and projects;
- Maintain documentation for all operational / support processes for customers as well as identifying most frequently occurring issues which become automation candidates;;
- Collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external technology partners to prioritise, estimate and complete cost models for customer service delivery;
- Performing customer service reviews, updates and scheduled dashboards and reports
- At least 5 years experience as an IT Service Manager in a large organisation leading a team of at least 10 support resources;
- Experience of Service Automation and evidence of where service automation has been implemented in past roles.
- Significant experience of ITIL practices, supporting large customer, security compliance and GDPR/Data Protection requirements and processes;
- Experienced with Infrastructure and Application support requirements at Levels 1, 2 & 3
- Experience of leading expert support resources, consultants and specialists and structuring, organising and prioritising workloads on a daily basis;
- Experience of working within an agile development environment (ideally Kanban/Scrum) with strong collaboration skills
- Excellent communication and customer management skills both reactive and proactive;
- Degree or equivalent level qualification or an apprenticeship in IT Support