My clients Product Development team are looking for an experienced, technically minded individual who wants to enhance their career by contributing to the creation of a suite of secure messaging products.
* Build configurable and adaptive user interfaces with modern technologies such as ES6, TypeScript and Web Components.
* Participate in the application design process and ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
* Optimise the product for maximum speed, scalability and security.
* Collaborate well with other team members and stakeholders.
* Be creative and tenacious when implementing new features which may be unique and therefore do not have existing solutions.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
* Detailed understanding of the creation and use of Web Components
* Developing web applications for iOS and Android phones and tablets
* Developing web applications for the desktop
* Experience with TypeScript (or similar)
* Experience of one of: iOS, Android, Phonegap/Corodva or Electron
* CSS / SASS / Compass / LESS and Responsive Design
* Client-side storage including IndexDB and SQLite and data synchronisation
* Understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues.
* Use of Git / GitFlow (or similar) for version control
* Appreciation of software development best practices such as version control, unit testing, continuous integration etc.
* Experience of XMPP / messaging products would be advantageous
* An eye for detail and a tendency for thoroughness
* Ability to work flexibly in a dynamic environment
* A background or degree in computer science and an appreciation of the application of data structures, algorithms and patterns
Salary and Benefits:
* Competitive salary
* 25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell additional days
* Private medical cover
* Contributory pension
* Company life assurance cover
* Flexible working
* Subsidised gym membership
* Costco card