Composite Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Engineer, Composite Technician, Laboratory Inspector, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Engineering, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Location: Leicester, Position: Permanent, Salary: Up to £36,000 p.a
Composite Laboratory Technician Wanted - Permanent, Leicester
EMBS are in partnership with a leading precision engineering company that manufacture detailed components for a number of industries including aerospace and military.
Due to growth the company is looking for a Laboratory Technician to join their team on a permanent basis.
- To conduct all testing duties and set tasks in a timely and positive manner to support Laboratory in achieving defined targets & goals.
- To prepare test specimens as required for Q.C testing in accordance with laboratory procedures.
- To conduct testing of material test specimens in accordance with laboratory procedures and test methods.
- To conduct non-destructive and destructive Q.C. testing of products.
- To QC verify / sentence/ release incoming materials & in process batches on SAP system & maintain associated quality records in accordance with Company procedures/policies.
- To conduct daily safety checks upon related laboratory equipment & plant and document results as necessary in accordance with Company policies.
- To produce material based samples for evaluation (internal & external) as required.
- Maintain/monitor and report levels of key laboratory test fluids and solvents.
- To monitor and record Laboratory waste solvents and test fluids.
- To report and document test results in line with Laboratory practice.
- To conduct and record daily checks of Laboratory test oven conditions.
- To conduct and record daily test area conditions (max/min temperature & humidity).
- To verify Laboratory Final post cure oven charts using computer monitoring system.
- Support 6S methodologies
- Provide assistance / training within sphere of knowledge and expertise to colleagues.
- To generate of material batch test reports to all manufacturing modules as required. (QC stamp required)
- Actively participate in team briefings/meetings and other C.I. activities.
Successful candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Laboratory experience
- Held roles as Technician / Inspector within a Laboratory environment
- Background within precision engineering / manufacturing companies
- Ability to work to high standards and timed targets
- Work collaboratively within a team
In return, the client is offering;
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary: Up to £36,000 p.a depending on experience
- Shift: Days
- Attractive permanent package which consists: Holiday entitlement, Contributory pension scheme of up to 9%, Christmas shutdown, Discounted gym memberships etc.
If you are interest in this position and believe you have the correct skills and experience to succeed, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org