Manufacturing Engineer, Applications Engineer, Production Engineer, ME, Machining, CNC, Aerospace, Engineering, Automotive, Motorsport, Nuclear, Defence, Oil & Gas, Subsea, Position: Permanent, Location: Sheffield, Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 p.a
Manufacturing Engineer REQUIRED: Permanent, Sheffield
EMBS are in partnership with a leading precision engineering company in Sheffield who have experienced considerable growth recently, particularly in the last 24 months and are therefore in the market for new talent.
Our client is a specialist in fabricating and machining precision components for a number of lucrative markets, including Aerospace & Nuclear.
As a result of orders with new and existing customers, our client is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer with a machining bias, to join their business on a permanent basis.
The purpose of the role is to work as part of a team and to support the NPI, day to day manufacturing engineering requirements, customer technical liaison and identifying cost reduction solutions. The main focus will be on machined components.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Leading the manufacturing process in the design, development and improvement for new and exciting products
- Focusing on Cost reduction, quality improvement and on-time delivery
- Become the engineering lead in NPI events
- Work alongside quality engineers and provide engineering support
- Provide manufacturing engineering support to shopfloor production activities
- Support or lead technical liaison and design reviews with customers
- Provide input into the quotation process
Successful candidates MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous engineering experience within a machined manufacturing environment
- Worked with machined / CNC parts within a precision engineering environment
- Experience working with materials such as; stainless steel nickel based alloys, titanium and aluminium generally incorporating machined and sheet metal details
- Knowledge and experience working on high precision components
- Be self-motivated and have good project management skills
- Understanding and capability in identifying / introducing cost reduction opportunities
- Comfortable liaising with customers and suppliers
- Knowledge and experience of lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to understand technical drawings and geometric tolerances
In return, the client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity: Permanent
- Competitive salary: Circa £40,000 p.a
- Hours: Days
- Other benefits also available
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org