Material Planning & Logistic Manager, MP&L Manager, Material Planner, Material Planning, Production Planner, Production Planning, Logistic Manager, Engineering, Automotive, Motorsport, Aerospace, Sub Assembly, Precision Engineering, Prototype, Manufacturing, Location: Lichfield, Position: Permanent, Salary: £Negotiable p.a depending on experience
Material Planning & Logistic Manager - Permanent, Staffordshire based
EMBS are working in partnership with a reputable, market leading precision engineering company that specialise in the manufacture of low volume, high variant parts, supplying into various markets including Automotive.
Located at their site near Lichfield, Staffordshire, our client is currently experiencing unprecedented growth and as a result of this, a new re-structure has occurred therefore generating a new opportunity within their Logistic and Planning department.
This role requires essentially a Change Agent who has the previous experience and capabilities within Manufacturing Planning and Logistics in order to implement new processes, build strong relationships internally with various departments, streamline processes and support the continued improvement in delivery to customers.
Within this role you will have 16 - 20 in-direct reports therefore experience managing small to medium sized teams is necessary.
The successful candidate will be a hands on, self motivated individual who does not always rely on the systems to provide the answers but with the help and support of their team takes the information and assesses the detail of the sub con processes to ensure they achieve a true date.
For the right individual, we would be willing to consider employing on an interim basis.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To provide effective leadership, communication, motivation and development of the functional team.
- Management ownership of day-to-day operational running of the team consisting of material expeditors, production planning & control, logistics (Internal & External), warehousing & stock management.
- Lead activities to achieve continued part and material supply, supporting manufacturing operations and customer requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Manage and lead the use and control of a Master Production Plan, ensuring visibility on progression and control to all.
- Drive the use and accurate control of a single live dataset within the ERP system used.
- Proactively meet or exceed business targets with respect to stock turns, inventory stock holding values, on-time material management to ensure efficient production and customer supply.
- To lead change and improvement of current working practices towards industry best practice.
- Develop, maintain and lead effective stock control and audit processes to optimise time and cost-efficient supply for the business.
- Contribution to future budget, and subsequent management of allocated functional budget.
- Take overall responsibility and lead activities for obsolete part control.
- Maintaining and providing senior level reporting to show function performance.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental policies are clear, understood and implemented effectively through the team.
- Ensure all 5S protocols are maintained throughout the functional area.
Successful candidate MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Production Planning or Material Planning and Logistic background
- Worked within a precision engineering / manufacturing environment which ideally specialises in low volume, high variances of parts
- Worked within Automotive or Motorsport industry
- Broad understanding of global logistic challenges
- Ability to manage all aspects of complex supply chains from end-to-end in a low volume, high variety environment covering different market sectors.
- Experience in analysing and interpreting large data sets, able to provide clear high-level messages.
- Strong man-management, team building and leadership skills with a can-do attitude.
- Proactive approach, with a no-nonsense nature and the ability to constructively challenge and offer solutions to the status quo.
- Ability to carry out and implement change
- IT literate with a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft products, MRP & ERP systems.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
Following characteristics are imperative for the role:
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Highly competitive salary - £Negotiable depending on experience
- Strong order books with lucrative OEM's within their niche industry
- Globally recognised business which is regularly backed with new investment
- Opportunity to join a growing, stable business on a journey of significant growth
- Additional benefits include: Contributory pension scheme, holiday entitlement, sick pay, perk box membership and much more
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com