Material Planning & Logistic Manager, MP&L Manager, Material Planner, Material Planning, Production Planner, Production Planning, Logistic Manager, Engineering, Automotive, Motorsport, Aerospace, Sub Assembly, Precision Engineering, Prototype, Manufacturing, Location: Lichfield / Tamworth, Position: Permanent, Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 p.a depending on experience
Material Planning & Logistic Manager wanted - Permanent, Staffordshire based
EMBS are working in partnership with a reputable, market leading precision engineering company that specialise in the manufacture of low volume, high variant parts, supplying into various markets including Automotive.
Located at their site near Lichfield / Tamworth, our client is currently experiencing unprecedented growth and as a result of this, a new re-structure has occurred therefore generating a new opportunity within their Logistic and Planning department.
The purpose of this role is to lead and motivate the Manufacturing, Planning and Logistic function team through the development, and maintenance of efficient disciplined processes, enabling overall control to ensure that internal and external customer delivery requirements are met and future growth is supported.
Within this role you will have 4 direct reports and 20 in-direct reports therefore experiencing managing small to medium teams is necessary.
The successful candidate will be a hands on, self motivated individual who does not always rely on the systems to provide the answers but with the help and support of their team takes the information and assesses the detail of the sub con processes to ensure they achieve a true date.
We would be happy to consider candidates who have previous management experience within Production / Material Planning AND Logistics, that are looking for the next step in their career.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To provide effective leadership, communication, motivation and development of the functional team.
- Management ownership of day-to-day operational running of the team consisting of material expeditors, production planning & control, logistics (Internal & External), warehousing & stock management.
- Lead activities to achieve continued part and material supply, supporting manufacturing operations and customer requirements in a timely and efficient manner.
- Lead development in updating processes to meet new product categories and business growth.
- Manage and lead the use and control of a Master Production Plan, ensuring visibility on progression and control to all.
- Drive the use and accurate control of a single live dataset within the ERP system used (Made2Manage).
- Proactively meet or exceed business targets with respect to stock turns, inventory stock holding values, on-time material management to ensure efficient production and customer supply.
- To lead change and improvement of current working practices towards industry best practice.
- Develop, maintain and lead effective stock control and audit processes to optimise time and cost-efficient supply for the business.
- Provide clear and concise communication to customers on supply and delivery lead-times.
- Contribution to future budget, and subsequent management of allocated functional budget.
- Take overall responsibility and lead activities for obsolete part control.
- Active input and contribution to monthly S&OP process.
- Maintaining and providing senior level reporting to show function performance.
- Ensure Health, Safety and Environmental policies are clear, understood and implemented effectively through the team.
- Ensure all 5S protocols are maintained throughout the functional area.
Successful candidate MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Production Planning or Material Planning and Logistic background
- Worked within a precision engineering / manufacturing environment which ideally specialises in low volume, high variances of parts
- Broad understanding of global logistic challenges
- Ability to manage all aspects of complex supply chains from end-to-end in a low volume, high variety environment covering different market sectors.
- Experience in analysing and interpreting large data sets, able to provide clear high-level messages.
- Strong man-management, team building and leadership skills with a can-do attitude.
- Proactive approach, with a no-nonsense nature and the ability to constructively challenge and offer solutions to the status quo.
- IT literate with a comprehensive understanding of Microsoft products, MRP & ERP systems.
- Commercial and financial acumen.
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills.
- Results driven, organised, with the ability to plan and deliver against deadlines.
- Proven analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - £50,000 - £60,000 p.a depending on experience
- Strong order books with lucrative OEM's within their niche industry
- Globally recognised business which is regularly backed with new investment
- Additional benefits include: Contributory pension scheme, holiday entitlement, sick pay, perk box membership and much more
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org