Fitter, Mechanical Fitter, Assembly Fitter, Aircraft Fitter, Assembler, Mechanical Assembler, Aerospace Assembler, Counter sinking, Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Location: Graveley / Stevenage, Position: Permanent, Hourly rate: Circa £14 depending on experience
Mechanical Assembler - Hertfordshire, Permanent
EMBS are in partnership with a market-leading, precision engineering company that specialises in manufacturing medium to large sized, high value, detailed components for a number of industries including Aerospace.
Our client is seeking a Mechanical Assembler to join their business on a permanent basis.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Drill / Ream / Countersink panels with Vanmar tools
- Fettling using appropriate tools and equipment
- Assembling components of various material from plastics and carbon fibre to metals
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous mechanical assembly / fitting experience
- Worked within a precision engineering / manufacturing environment
- Ability to perform basic engineering assembly / fitting duties including drilling and riveting
- Ability to follow work instructions and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Use of a variety of hand tools and equipment
- Strong attention to detail
- Work in a methodical and accurate manner
Any composite experience or previous background working on Motorsport or F1 components would be advantageous
Previous Team Leading experience would also be advantageous as there could be progression opportunities available for the right individual.
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - £14 per hour / £27,000 p.a depending on experience
- Day shift - Early finish on Fridays
- Excellent benefits package - Holidays, contributory pension scheme, health care plan, dental plan, shares scheme, life insurance, perks box membership for high street discounts and much more.
- Overtime available at premium rates
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org