MPI Inspector, Magnetic Particle Inspector, NDT Inspector, Quality Inspector, FPI Inspector, Quality, NDT, Inspection, Engineering, Aerospace, Motorsport, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent or Contract, Hourly rate: £13.50 per hour PAYE, £Ltd - negotiable depending on experience
NDT Inspector (MPI), Nottingham, Permanent or Contract available
EMBS are working closely with a well established, market leading precision engineering company in Nottingham who is currently in the market for a Magnetic Particle Inspector to join their business on either a permanent or 6 month contract.
The role requires the candidate to be Level 2 qualified in MPI and have experience in Dye Penetrant.
This position has been created due to an increase in work load.
Candidates will be inspecting precision aerospace components and sub-assemblies under fluorescent or black lighting, identifying defects such as fissures, weld breaks or fractures using Magnetic Particle or Fluid Penetrant inspection process and equipment.
The candidate will be using either Immerses or sprays on ferrous magnetic metal parts with iron oxide solution.
You will also be tasked with;
- Positioning parts between electrodes of magnetic testing equipment and activities switch to induce magnetic field that attracts and accumulates iron oxide particles at defective points
- Examine parts under fluorescent or black lighting to detect defects at or near part surfaces
- Notify supervisor of defective processing of parts or materials
- Training of others within the department
- Follow guidelines / work instructions & customer specifications
A successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
- Previous MPI or FPI Inspection experience
- Strong Quality / NDT knowledge
- Level 2 qualified in MPI / FPI Inspection - must be able to evidence examination pass was greater than 80%
- Previously worked within a precision engineering environment, ideally on sub assembly components for either - Aerospace, MOD, Motorsport, Oil & Gas or Nuclear
- Work in a logical, methodical approach
- Strong attention to detail
In return our client is offering:
- Permanent or contract position (If contract it would be initially 6 months)
- Circa £13.50 per hour PAYE for permanent / contracting rate is negotiable depending on experience
- Shifts: Days (7am - 4pm, 7am - 12pm)
- Overtime paid at premium rates
- Additional benefits available
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org