NPI Engineer, NPI Manager, NPI, Project Manager, Project Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Location: Leicester, Position: Contract, Contract Length: 3 months initially, Rate of pay: £350 per day
NPI Engineer wanted - CONTRACT, Leicester
EMBS are in partnership with a leading precision engineering company that manufacture specialist, complex components for predominantly the aerospace industry.
Located in Leicester, our client is seeking an NPI Engineer to join the business on initially a 3 month contract to support high profile projects with leading, globally recognised customers.
The purpose of the role is to ensure the newly awarded products are launched into the business on time and to budget, through systematic application of the companies NPI process.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensure new part introduction projects with challenging timescales move at pace through our gated process
- Direct customer communication including face to face reviews
- Interface with the team, customers and suppliers to expedite tasks on the critical path
- Manage and update project plans whilst leading tasks and mitigating actions to ensure the projects stay on track
- Generate PPAP documentation, including Work instructions, Control Plans & MSA
- Lead PFMEA activities, including resolving associated issues
- Support the Process Introduction Manager in any project related activities, including deputising when required
- Track and improve product costs vs standard
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience of working in an NPI role within a precision engineering environment, supplying into the aerospace industry
- Background of achieving results with OEM Gas Turbine customers and associated requirements
- Experience generating manufacturing and project documentation
- Sound understanding and ability to apply PPAP and AS9100 RevD requirements
- NADCAP experience would be beneficial but not essential
- Ability to find solutions to technical and operational issues through engaging key subject matter experts
In return my client is offering:
- 3 month contract - 40 hours per week
- Flexi start and finish time
- Pay rate: £350 per day
- Other benefits include: Free car parking, modern working environment, exciting and challenging tasks working with some of the most prestigious customers within the Aerospace market.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com