NPI Engineer, NPI Manager, Project Engineer, Project Manager, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Motorsport, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Defence, Position: Permanent, Location: Nottingham, Salary: £34,000 - £38,000 p.a depending on experience
NPI Engineer wanted - Permanent, Nottingham!
EMBS are in partnership with a leading precision engineering company that specialise in the manufacture of complex, detailed components for lucrative customers world wide. Working within a variety of industries including aerospace our client boasts a strong reputation within the market due to the quality they adhere to and capabilities they can offer.
Due to strategic growth intent across new and existing markets, the company is looking to attract an experienced NPI Engineer to join the business on a permanent basis as they forecast growing by over 50% in the next 3 years.
This role will be working as the interface between customers, engineering and production.
You will be responsible for planning, implementing and coordinating customers' new product introduction to the business to ensure a smooth delivery from 'cradle to grave'.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
Support New Product Introduction by ensuring the correct procedures are followed through the development and release to production / manufacturing to meet all aspects of cost, manufacturability, process capability, delivery etc for successful launch.
Develop and implement a robust NPI process.
Oversee defined work packages, including detailed instructions, drawings, bills of material, references, inspection requirements.
Conform to overall quality control of the work and report regularly on project status.
Support customer meetings / discussions.
Cooperate and communicate effectively with department managers.
Ensure the highest quality throughout, minimise teething issues and faults through formal root-cause-analysis investigations and failure analyses.
Develop, oversee and seek continuous improvement of the NPI process e.g conducting lessons learnt workshops.
Prepare reports with observations and recommendations regarding existing or required machinery.
Identify and drive efficient production, tooling and programming methods to ensure successful product delivery.
The successful applicant MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong NPI experience
- Background in working within a precision engineering company that manufactures complex components - ideally aerospace experience
- Project Management experience would be advantageous
- Understanding of machining
- Ability to interpret how products / components are manufactured through machining processes
- Conversant with NPI techniques, requirements and processes
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both customers and internal departments
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Self motivated and a forward thinker with a 'can do' attitude
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Up to £38,000 p.a depending on experience
- 39 hours per week with early finish on Friday
- Additional benefits include:Contributory pension scheme above government enrollment, holiday entitlement, cycle to work scheme, retail discounts, Techsave scheme, employee assistance program, eye care vouchers, discounted gym memberships and fitness centre, online health assessment, and much more
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com