NVQ Assessor, Assessor, Trainer, Engineering Assessor, Manufacturing Assessor, CNC, Machining, Engineering, Manufacturing, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
NVQ Assessor (Engineering) wanted - Permanent, Nottingham
EMBS are the exclusive partner for a leading, growing engineering company based in Nottingham who are making ground breaking moves to become the market leader in manufacturing complex precision components for a number of industries.
With heavy machining capabilities in particular, our client is taking the next step to support the growth of local engineers within manufacturing / engineering disciplines.
As such, we are in the market for an experienced NVQ Assessor to join the business on a permanent basis.
The NVQ Assessor is going to provide support to engineers working towards their National Vocational Qualifications and deliver outstanding engineering provision to full time learners.
You will also undertake a range of administrative and development duties that contributes to improving standards and achievements and the learners experience.
Main duties will include but are not limited to:
- Deliver and teach mechanical engineering subjects to level 3 NVQ standards.
- Ensure that good housekeeping standards are set and met, machinery, tool and equipment stores are secure, well stocked and easily accessed by fellow staff.
- Regularly review and monitor the attendance and progress of learners and follow up as required to ensure learners achieve their targets.
- ?Carry out, collate and feedback initial and/or diagnostic assessments to identify students’ ILP and support as required, providing differentiated learning strategies to enable students to achieve their primary learning goal.
- Provide assignment and assessment material appropriate to each specific programme.
- Evaluate and assess (formative and summative) the work of learners in relation to the curriculum criteria and provide timely constructive and helpful learner feedback.
- Maintain quality systems related to the teaching of mechanical engineering including designing work schemes, lesson plans, assessment plans and assessment activities.
- Develop quality resources (including e-resources) which support the development of engineering skills.
- Actively develop and use new technology in teaching, learning and assessment.?
- Keep up to date with current developments and adapt to changes
The successful applicant MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Teaching qualification
- Assessment / Assessor qualification
- Relevant Vocational Qualification at Level 3 or 4 (Mechanical Engineering)
- Strong background within Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing
- Extensive knowledge of the engineering sector
- Excellent practical skills in machining (turning and milling)
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workload
- Ability to provide differentiated learning strategies and monitor these / amend these accordingly to ensure learners achieve their targets
In return the client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - depending on experience
- Additional benefits including; contributory pension scheme, holiday entitlement, health care scheme, modern working environment etc.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org