Salary: £10.88 per hour
Part Time 20 Hours Per Week
Monday to Friday - Shifts between 9am - 4pm
We are looking for an experienced part time Maintenance Operative for our client within the residential management sector in Cambridge.
You will provide support and provide assistance to the Property Manager to ensure that the accommodation building, utilities, plant, machinery and equipment are properly maintained, making appropriate recommendations for planned maintenance as required.
- Carrying out reactive and preventative maintenance work (carpentry, tiling, basic plumbing, basic electrical, guttering, decorating, plastering, kitchen and bathroom maintenance and more)
- Carrying out fault finding
- Carrying out repairs
- Complying with Health & Safety processes and responsibilities
- Replacing light switches, light bulbs and fixtures
- Dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs
In order to be considered you will need a recognised qualification City & Guilds or NVQ in Carpentry/Joinery/Plumbing/Electrical Installation/Domestic Heating.
You must be able to demonstrate skills in:
- Basic plumbing or electrics
- Painting and decorating
- Grounds maintenance
- Health, safety and the environmental issues
- The ability to use computers proficiently to record and monitor works
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent time keeping and organisation skills
Having previous experience with this type of work is essential.
You must be smart in appearance, sociable and an excellent communicator and be able to work on your own initiative.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration. Immediate start date available.