Planning Engineer, Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Applications Engineer, Planning, Machining, CNC, Fabrication, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Defence, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Planning Engineer wanted - Permanent, Nottingham
EMBS are currently working in partnership with a well established precision engineering company in Nottingham who have the capacity to machine and fabricate detailed components to a range of industries including; Aerospace, Automotive, Defence, Oil & Gas and general subcontract engineering.
With accreditations such as NADCAP and AS9100 Rev D coupled with the fact they have spread their risk over a number of industries giving them diversity and variety within their work, this presents a fantastic opportunity for a Planning Engineer to join their business on a permanent basis to help support their continued growth.
Our client is willing to consider a post graduate engineer who is hard working, detailed, adaptable and is seeking a new challenge coupled with an engineering / manufacturing background who they can train and develop OR an experienced Planning Engineer who is looking to add value to a business and showcase their skills whilst supporting and developing others.
The role involves creating detailed routings, Bill of materials & inspection plans to ensure best manufacturing methods are adopted whilst continuing to improve our current products & manufacturing processes.
The main responsibilities include:
- Create detailed routings, inspection plans & process data cards within our ERP system.
- Provide technical support to our manufacturing team, sub-contractors & customers.
- Improve existing methods of manufacture.
- Manage Bill of materials & update manufacturing process times.
- Provide support with NPI (New product introduction).
Successful candidates MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous precision engineering / manufacturing background - ideally involved in aerospace, motorsport, oil & gas, nuclear or similar industries
- Experience in machining and / or fabrication
- Ability to understand the method of manufacture and create deatiled routings
- Work from detailed engineering drawings
- Ability to problem solve and carry out RCA / investigations and support the implementation of corrective actions
- Identify new ways to improve efficiencies / productivity within fabrication and / or machining
Post graduates with engineering / manufacturing degrees will also be considered
In return the client is offering:
- Stability / longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Negotiable depending on experience
- Additional benefits available also
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org