Production Controller, Production Planner, MRP Controller, Production Scheduler, Planning, Engineering, Aerospace, Fabrication, Machining, Location: Sheffield, Position: Permanent, Salary: £26,000 p.a
Production Controller wanted - PERMANENT, Sheffield
EMBS are in partnership with a precision engineering company that are specialist in manufacturing detailed, complex components for a number of industries including Aerospace & Nuclear.
Due to continued growth and the recent win of large new orders, our client is currently in the market for a Production Controller to join their existing team on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to create and execute production plans for your given resource work centres supporting customer requirements in line with the master production schedule. Planning and engagement with shop floor resources will be required for loading work centres ensuring adherence to the production plan.
Duties will include:
- Directly responsible for the schedule of works order operations in your allocated Business Unit.
- Ensure requirements from other Business Units are fully understood to be successful in this position.
- Develop, imbed and improve new analytical routines which manage resource requirements.
- Work alongside the Planning & Operations team and be responsible for the execution of the manufacturing plan for your Business Unit.
- Ensure plans are monitored, communicated and expedited daily
- Ensure slow moving WIP is correctly defined within Efacs and any rework pending execution is prioritised within the production plan
- Actively working to maintain the data integrity of Efacs and the generation of production plans.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Production Control or Production Planning experience
- Worked within a manufacturing environment where you have been involved in the controlling of parts / components
- Understanding process and production planning principles
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Follow detailed instructions and have a high attention level to detail
- Ability to schedule and organise complex value stream
- Knowledge of MRP / ERP systems would be advantageous
In return, the client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Circa £26,000 p.a
- Days - early finish on a Friday
- Additional benefits available including contributory pension scheme, health care, holiday entitlement, modern working environment, free car parking and much more.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org