Production Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Applications Engineer, Offline Programmer, Engineering , Manufacturing, Aerospace, Defence, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, MOD, CNC, Location: Rugby, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Production Engineer wanted - Permanent, Rugby
EMBS are working in partnership with a market leading precision engineering company that manufacture complex, advanced component parts for a number of industries including aerospace.
Our client works with lucrative, OEM's across the globe and is currently experiencing considerable growth due to expanding order books with new and existing customers.
Therefore, our client is looking to recruit a skilled Production Engineer on a permanent basis as their site in Rugby.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilising knowledge of product design, materials and parts and production equipment capabilities including quality control standards.
- Analyses and plans labour, capacity requirements, workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Confers with planning and production staff concerning tooling design and manufacturing methods to ensure efficient.
- Liaise with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Create detailed plans for the implementation of assigned/proposed projects and activities, using established project management principles (e.g. MS-Project, Network diagrams).
- Provide regular progress reviews, and communicate issues and changes to the relevant parties.
- Achieve buy-in from the affected parties, and ensure awareness of the planned changes and activities.
- Compile structured project proposals and financial expenditure requests (e.g. CARs), supported by the necessary levels of data analysis and justification.
- Utilise established best practice tools and principles (e.g. Lean and Six Sigma) in implementing improvements and designing systems.
- Support any established collaborative relationships with customers and supplies, (e.g. Supplier Forums, SC21).
- Support the training and development of personnel at all levels on best practice tools and established systems of work.
Successful candidates MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong precision engineering background - ideally aerospace, motorsport, nuclear and oil & gas but other industries will be considered
- Experience of working within a Manufacturing / Production environment which has the capabilities to machine precision component
- Ideally - previous experience working as a Production Engineer / Applications Engineer / Manufacturing Engineer or similar
- Knowledge of method of manufacture (MOM) within machining
- Understanding of 5S, Kiazen, Process Mapping, Problem solving and other practical techniques
- Ability to work from engineering drawings
In return my client:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Additional permanent benefits available
If you are interested in the position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org