Production Engineering Manager, Program Manager, Manufacturing Engineering Manager, Engineering Manager, Head of Technical, Technical Manager, Offline Programming, CAD CAM Manager, CAD CAM Engineer, Offline Programmer, Engineering, Machining, CNC, Programming, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Production Engineering Manager - Nottingham, Permanent
EMBS are in partnership with a leading precision engineering company that specialise in the manufacture of small to medium sized complex components for a number of high profile industries.
The client has strong machining capabilities with a multitude of state of the art milling, turning and mill-turn machines.
Due to continued growth, our partner is looking to recruit a Production Engineering Manager who will be responsible for circa 10 people which consists of Offline Programmers & Manufacturing / Production Engineers.
The purpose of the role is to successfully oversee the engineers, ensuring best practice and quality standards are met for customer requirements. Identifying areas of improvement, troubleshooting existing methods and implementing potential new strategies, methodologies, and technologies in order to continue to grow and succeed. Work closely with internal departments including Sales, Operations, and Production.
Responsibilities will include:
- Involved in senior management meetings and will work closely with all departments with a view to identifying opportunities to improve methods and efficiencies.
- Manage a small team of multi skilled engineers.
- Participating in internal pre-manufacture contract reviews with a view to implementing manufacturing routings accurately and making sure tooling and fixtures are available.
- Reviewing internal post contract reviews to analyse, improve, check and implement opportunities to drive the right work for the right clients using the right information.
- To take part in the cross departmental continuous improvement activities aimed at driving down the cost of quality.
- To explore new tooling and machining opportunities with a view to process improvement.
- To work on existing repeat parts with a view to driving down cycle and set up times and to identify high risk parts and guide them through production.
- To assist in monitoring and addressing overall equipment effectiveness with regards to reducing machine down time and streamlining processes
- Off-line programming on an individual basis driven by the requirements of any individual project.
- Play an active part in Technology and Innovation working groups.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong machining background
- Previous experience working within a "make to order" precision engineering manufacturing environment
- Ability to program CNC machines offline using CAD CAM software
- DELCAM experience would be preferable but other softwares will be considered
- Knowledge of multi axis CNC machines
- Previous management / supervisory experience
- Proven experience in implementing continuous improvement activities and identifying new solutions
In return, my client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position available
- Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
- Hours: 39 per week with early finishes on Fridays
- Additional benefits include: 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, sick pay, discounted gym memberships, regular subsidised social events, health cash plan, onsite parking, modern working environment, structured growth & training plans plus much more.
If you are interested in this role and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com