Production Supervisor, Machining Supervisor, Machining Foreman, Production Leader, Production Manager, Engineering Lead, Manufacturing Supervisor, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Manufacturing, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent, Hourly rate: £16.50 - £17 per hour PAYE
Production Supervisor wanted - Permanent, Nottingham
EMBS are in partnership with a leading precision engineering company that manufactures precision, detailed components for a number of industries across the globe.
As an established, recognised global manufacturer, our client is currently recruiting for a Production Leader to join their business on a permanent basis, located in Nottingham.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that all manufacturing activities are carried out to maximise the productivity of the business and produce components which meet the product specification.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- To ensure that all manufacturing activities are carried out in accordance with the instructions provided and that components produced meet the specified quality standard required.
- Organise and maintain the operational shift patterns required to deliver the business goals.
- Produce detailed daily projections for productivity and throughput.
- Control stock in the working area minimising scrap and WIP stock to minimal levels.
- Measure and act upon output and quality data for their responsible area, e.g. DR’s and Scrap.
- Update progress boards and systems data as required.
- To assist the Production Manager in maintaining an appropriate approval and training system which ensures that all operators and related personnel are adequately trained to meet the needs of their job function and to maintain written records demonstrating that appropriate standards have been achieved and are maintained by individuals.
- Drive continuous improvements and recommend production methods and equipment to ensure that the process of manufacture is performed efficiently at minimum cost while ensuring that standards are maintained.
- To work with the Production Manager to ensure that the manning levels needed to support the sales targets are appropriate and where necessary instigate actions to adjust the levels to meet the changing needs of the business.
- Ensure that all required production records are completed accurately and that the movement of work is recorded accurately on the company computer database, e.g. in respect of job cards, material traceability, reporting non-conformances, customer specs etc.
- To assist investigations into the causes of non-conformance and propose corrective actions to avoid re-occurrence.
- To ensure that appropriate levels of shop floor discipline are maintained at all times.
- Interface with service areas (i.e. Engineering, Purchasing, HR) as required in order to achieve a smooth production flow.
- Provide development and improvement plans that support both individual and company goals.
- Provide process or product improvement ideas to enhance productivity and cost targets.
- Maintain housekeeping and 6S standards within their responsible area.
Successful candidates MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Background in Production Engineering / Manufacturing
- Previous supervisory / leadership experience of manual labour area
- Strong man management skills
- Drive and assist with continuous improvement activities
- Produced and created detailed projections / reports
- Support in forecast planning
- Worked with precision engineering components - machining and/or assembly parts
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive rate - £16 - £17 per hour
- Day shift: Mon to Thur – 7am to 4pm, Fridays 7am – 12pm
- Overtime available with premium rates
- Additional benefits available
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com