QHSE Manager, Quality, Health & Safety, Environmental, Quality Manager, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Defence, Aviation, Aeronautical, Location: Birmingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: Up to £50,000 p.a depending on experience
Quality & HSE Managers position available - Permanent, Birmingham based
EMBS are working in partnership with a prestigious, well renowned, precision engineering company who are one of the market leaders in manufacturing medium sized, detailed components for a number of global, corporate giants.
Supplying parts to companies across the world, working in specialist market sectors such as Aerospace, Nuclear, Marine and others, our client is now in the market for a QHSE Manager to join their business on a permanent basis.
We are looking for candidates who have relevant and proven experience that are now seeking an opportunity to develop their skills and join a growing organisation.
- Implement an audit structure to control and improve the performance of Environmental, H&S and Quality in line with required targets and standards.
- Health & Safety - Improve investigations, problem-solving and follow-up of accidents and near-misses (corrects behaviours, stops repetitive accidents and identifies potential causes of accidents before they happen).
- Using the output of the Walk the Floor routines to report on performance against the agreed metrics under EHS and Quality, and to identify problems for resolution by the operational teams.
- Monitoring the resolution of identified problems for EHS & Quality, accepting an effective solution, and ensuring that the new standards determined by this solution are maintained, and where necessary, built into the Walk the Floor routines
- Improve employee engagement through regular promotional and participative events such as “Accident-Free Months” and “EHS Awareness Talks”
- Maintain and audit the Quality and Environmental management systems in line with ISO9001, AS9100, Nadcap, ISO14001 and any customer specific requirements
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Quality Management background
- Experience / exposure to Health & Safety and Environmental duties or activities
- Strong manufacturing background, ideally working within a precision engineering company that manufactures (machining or fabrication) components for industries such as; Aerospace, Nuclear, Sub contract etc.
- Understanding of ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO45001 and AS9100
- Ideally NEBOSH qualified however this is not essential
- Experience in maintaining auditing systems
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position within a growing company that has large order books with multiple global customers
- Competitive salary: Up to £50,000 p.a depending on experience
- Early finishes on Fridays
- Additional benefits including; 25 days holiday, perk box membership, life assurance, sick pay, contributory pension scheme, modern working environment, free parking and much more.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org