Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, FAIR Engineer, FAI Engineer, NPI Engineer, Quality, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Aircraft, Avionics, Location: Birmingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: £40,000 -£45,000 p.a
Quality Engineer wanted, Permanent, Birmingham
EMBS are in partnership with a precision engineering company that is a specialist in manufacturing detailed, complex precision engineering components which are supplied into a number of industries including Aerospace.
This business supports customers across the globe and due to new projects wins and continued growth, our client is currently seeking a Quality Engineer to join their existing team on a permanent basis.
Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Support the “internal customer” (Manufacturing Managers) by sharing agreed objectives on EHS, Quality, Cost and Delivery and participating in the Operational Control model.
- Participate in the Daily Operations Meeting and relevant Standard Diary meetings, taking ownership of problems assigned to the Quality function for resolution.
- Contribute to the delivery of the EHS Model, by participating in Job Safety Observations and providing solutions to EHS problems, where appropriate, and within the scope of the QE role.
- Understand the process constraints and operating rules of the value stream covered in the QE role, and participate in problem-solving exercises to improve flow where relevant.
- Where appropriate, create, submit and control customer concessions as a containment action and participate in the problem-solving process to eliminate repeat concessions.
- Create and control (to the correct version) relevant Quality documentation such as (but not limited to) Control Plans, Inspection Plans, SPC charts, etc.
- Develop robust, cost effective and practical inspection methodologies using appropriate measuring equipment suitable for products throughout the life cycle.
- Complete measurement systems analysis (MSA) in line with current standards.
- Take accountability for the relevant milestones in the NPDI gated process, fulfilling all QE tasks defined in that process (e.g. completing First Article Inspection Reports and other Customer specific requirements using appropriate standards and customer approvals, gaining customer approvals, supporting PPAP, providing relevant Quality information to other functions, etc).
- Ensure delivery of the NPDI milestones under the scope of the role are delivered on time, within budget, and comply to customer specification.
- Develop a continuous improvement “pipeline” of activities by supporting LEAN events and generating individual ideas to improve EHS, Quality, Cost and Delivery performance. For example, by improving right first-time quality performance and improving productivity / throughput, developing actions to eliminate quality defects, and working to create a safe and environmentally compliant workplace.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies to define and solve problems at root cause as a method of improving operational performance process capability and quality problems.
- Participate in problem-solving peer reviews, training and awareness activities to help the organisation develop a strong problem-solving culture.
- Implement and/or project manage problem solutions through (but not limited to) working with external suppliers, working with customers, proving out improved technologies, completing Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities, etc.
- Participate in internal and external audits, taking account of outcomes from audit processes and working to implement solutions where gaps are identified.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a Manufacturing environment within machining.
- Experience of working in a Quality Engineering role within the Aerospace industry
- Experience of applying structured problem-solving techniques and the use of Quality related software such as Visual FAIR/PPAP.
- An understanding of LEAN manufacturing philosophy as well as an understanding of A9100, AS9102 and related Quality Systems.
- Experience of preparing First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
- An understanding of APQP, PPAP and PFMEA.
- An understanding of Measurement Systems Analysis (AS13003).
- French speaker would be an advantage.
- A self-motivated individual who can work independently and as part of a multi-functional team.
In return, our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - £40,000 - £45,000 p.a
- Regular day shift with early finish on Fridays
- Additional benefits available also
For more information or if you would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com