Quality Manager, Quality Lead, Quality Specialist, Senior Quality Lead, Senior Quality Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Aviation, Avionics, Aircraft, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Location: Nottinghamshire, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable depending on experience
Quality Managers position available - Permanent, Nottinghamshire
EMBS Engineering Ltd is currently recruiting for a Quality Manager on behalf of a precision engineering company located in Nottinghamshire that specialises in the manufacture of detailed, complex components for a number of industry sectors.
Located in Nottinghamshire, this company supports lucrative, well-known customers on a global scale and require a strong Quality professional to head up and manage their Quality department.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Define/develop metrics to monitor and improve the quality function (scrap, quality pulse, customer returns, customer complaints, 8D activity, Customer improvement plans)
- Maintain department training records and have training plans in place
- Plan and lead visits/audits to suppliers and sub-contractors as agreed
- Auditing of internal processes and activities against company procedures and regulatory specifications.
- Ensure effective non-conformance corrective actions and preventive actions are carried out.
- Planning, preparation and hosting 3rd party audits. Ensure audit approach is adequate
- Assisting departments in the improvement and development of processes and procedures to enhance effectiveness
- Oversight of APQP, 8D activities in the support of quality improvement activities
- Maintain and expand the use of MSA and process capability to optimise inspection regimes and process stability
- Lead and maintain the relevant quality system documentation and processes, i.e. procedures, work instructions, quality plans, training records for authorised operators, etc.
- Collection, collation and analysis of internal quality performance measures, i.e. maintenance of quality databases.
- Quality planning to proactively prevent non-conformance.
- Providing help and direction to less experienced members of the team to support their work and development.
- Motivate, develop and lead a cohesive team of operating staff excelling in high customer service performance levels and creating continuous improvement and efficiency.
- To work in a safe manner in order to satisfy Health and Safety legislation and to avoid accident or injury to people, machinery or property.
- Carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required within the jobholder’s capability consistent with the Terms and Conditions of employment.
A successful applicant MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Quality experience within a similar role, having worked within a precision engineering environment - Aerospace, Motorsport, Oil & Gas, Nuclear etc.
- Previous knowledge of various manufacturing processes - Welding/ Fabrication, Machining, Mechanical Fitting / Assembly, etc.
- Vast understand of quality standards
- Knowledge of QMS and documentation
- Working experience of internal auditing, creation of technical documentation i.e. process maps, quality plans & procedures etc.
- Past experience of working to strict deadlines and exceeding company / team targets
- Ability to work collectively with others, lead by example and motivate your team
- Strong man-management experience
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing tools / techniques
In return my client is offering:
- Permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Modern working environment
- Permanent package offering a variety of added benefits
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com