Quality Manager, Head of Quality, Quality Director, Quality Management, Senior Quality Engineer, Aerospace, Engineering, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Position: Permanent, Location: Nottingham, Salary: Up to £55,000 p.a depending on experience
QUALITY MANAGER - NOTTINGHAM, PERMANENT!
EMBS are working with a very well established, growing precision engineering company located in Nottingham who are specialist in the manufacture of specialist components for a number of industries including; Aerospace, Defence and Nuclear.
Due to a growth and an internal re-structure our client is looking to attract skilled, talented Quality Managers to join their business on a permanent basis looking after circa 10 individuals.
This client is a successful SME with over 100 employees, NADCAP accredited and AS9100 Rev D approval. They are working with some of the biggest customers in the market therefore Quality is an instrumental part of their business and their continued growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain an effective quality management system
- Drive the business right first time approach and quality, maintained through proactive problem solving and improvement methodologies.
- Leading and implementing preventive methods, driving quality at source, APQP and continuous improvement techniques.
- Responsible for NADCAP for special processes and AS9100 accreditation of the QMS
- Responsible for reporting monthly, weekly and daily quality non-conformity trend data and creation of relevant Pareto Charts and KPI’s
- Create, maintain and execute an internal/external audit program considering both internal functions and supply chain
- Reduce the non-conformance of products within the business by driving continuous improvements, Right First Time strategies and Root Cause Analysis Corrective Actions (RCCA).
- Ensure the application of industrial process control tools (process mapping, MSA, PFMEA, Control Plans, DCM, FVRA) where applicable
- Provide input to help other functions on product validation processes FAI & PPAP
- Develop a road map for continuous improvement for the organisation by establishing priorities, methods and strategies for implementation using data to both guide the process as well as monitor the result.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Technical expertise in quality management
- Proven background / experience of working with precision / complex components within industries such as; Aerospace, Nuclear, Oil & Gas, Automotive
- Previous Quality Management or Senior Quality Engineering experience
- Understand and knowledge of continuous improvement or lean manufacturing experience - six sigma knowledge would be preferable but not essential
- Knowledge of processes and equipment required to manufacture mechanical components including machining, testing and inspection
- Experience in man management, driving and engaging with teams to achieve results
- Knowledge of regulations and compliance within the aerospace industry - AS9100 standards
In return our client is offering:
- Stability & Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Circa £55,000 p.a depending on experience
- Early finishes on Friday
- Additional benefits include: Health care, Contributory pension scheme, performance related bonus, retail discounts, Sick pack, Child care vouchers, 25 days holiday + stat, employee assistance programme, free car park, modern working facility and much more
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the right experience to be successful, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com