Senior Production Engineer, Production Engineer, Applications Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Motorsport, Medical, Manufacturing, Location: Sheffield, Position: Permanent, Salary: Competitive
Senior Production Engineer - Sheffield, Permanent
EMBS have recently partnered up with a fantastic, well established, market leading engineering company who are specialists in manufacturing bespoke, purpose built equipment for various industries.
Located in Sheffield our clients boasts over 35 years experience in manufacturing complex parts, they are world renowned for the specialist markets they operate in and is now looking to appoint a Senior Production Engineer on a permanent basis due to continued growth.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead, inspire, and develop a small team of Production Engineering professionals
- Effectively coordinate and distribute workload and projects
- Ensure accountabilities of individuals and the team for quality of work, results produced and project deliverables
- Collaborate with Design and Development Engineering to create / improve prototypes using 3D modelling software to effectively engineer the prototypes for various downstream manufacturing processes.
- Provide the Design team with Manufacturing feedback and ensure effective communication with the Production team to achieve joint goals.
- Maximise machine and material utilisation and efficiency, minimising manufacturing costs without compromising on product fit, form, function or quality
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Strong manufacturing engineering background
- Previous experience in production or manufacturing within precision engineering environment - open to various industry backgrounds
- Strong understanding of machining and the method / route to manufacture
- Ability to identify improvements, new ways to increase productivity, reduce cost etc.
- Assessing possible options for re-engineering of parts
- Experience in leading people or demonstrate clear leadership characteristics
- Competent using 3D CAD packages (i.e. Solidworks or similar)
- Ability to work to 3D models and designs
- Experience of programming CNC Machines and providing technical support to manufacturing / production teams
- Excellent communications skills
- Sound planning and organisation skills
- Hands on and practical approach
- Work well to strict deadlines
In return our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Depending on experience
- Day shift - 7.30am - 4pm Monday to Thursday, 7.30am - 1pm on Friday
- Additional benefits include: 25+8 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, profit related bonus, westfield health care, team bonding fund, learning funds, leisure and retail discount scheme, free car parking, canteen and much more
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org