Senior Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Engineer, SQA, Quality Specialist, Quality Manager, Engineering, Aerospace, Automotive, Motorsport, Defence, Nuclear, Position: Permanent, Salary: £36,000 - £38,000 p.a
X2 SENIOR QUALITY ENGINEERS WANTED - LANCASHIRE, PERMANENT
EMBS are currently working with a well renowned, fast-growing precision engineering company in Lancashire who are specialists in manufacturing bespoke, complex components for a wide range of industries including Aerospace, Automotive, Nuclear, Space and many more.
Located in Lancashire, this business is in a commutable range for those commuting from Blackburn, Manchester, Burnley, Great Britain, Keighley, Bury, Rochdale and other surrounding areas.
Due to continued growth with new and existing customers, our client is in the market for X2 experienced Senior Quality Engineers to join their business on a permanent basis.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that the products produced meet quality standards required to minimise quality costs and maximise customer satisfaction whilst ensure that procedures and processes are adhered to.
Overview of the role:
You will be responsible for identifying and raising quality issues and resolving these in a timely manner whilst ensuring there is zero impact to the customer.
Supporting new product introductions to ensure the robustness of product builds.
Working in a team environment to develop and implement best practices that emphasise defect prevention, reduction in variation & waste, as well as providing continuous improvements in meeting all customer requirements.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage all quality-related issues within the manufacturing team
- Identify root cause and instigate permanent corrective actions for product quality issues
- Carry out product and process auditing and lead quality audits
- Ensure control plans and associated documentation are implemented effectively and maintained
- Monitor and report on quality-related KPI's including scrap monitoring, rework levels, parts per million (PPM) figures
- Ensure compliance and assist with adherence to the Quality Manager System (TS16949 / ISO9001)
- Write test procedures
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Six Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), and Measurement System Analysis
- Participate in the development and refinement of Design and Process FMEA's
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
Strong quality background
- Previous experience working within a precision engineering environment where parts are manufactured by fabrication or machining processes
- Worked with small to large, precision components
- Knowledge of quality systems and measurement
- Strong understanding of APQP, PPAP, FMEA, SPC, MSA
- Lean manufacturing knowledge is preferable
- Experience of dealing with customers and suppliers
- Understanding of engineering drawings and manufacturing processes
In return our client is willing to offer:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent
- Competitive salary - £36,000 - £38,000 p.a depending on experience
- Day shift position
- Additional benefits available
- Modern working environment with state of the art equipment / machinery
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to email@example.com