Supplier Development Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, Development Engineer, NPI, Supply Chain, Engineering, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Location: Birmingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 p.a depending on experience
Supplier Development Engineer - Birmingham, Permanent
EMBS are in partnership with a prestigious, well established, engineering company that specialises in the manufacture of complex, detailed machined & fabricated components for a number of high profile customers across the world.
Supporting markets such as Aerospace, Nuclear, Marine and others our client offers a fantastic opportunity to join a growing organisation where you can add value but also continue to develop yourself as an individual.
As such, we are in the market for a Supplier Development Engineer, to join the Purchasing and Supply Chain department where you will be engaging with the companies key suppliers.
- Proactive engagement with nominated suppliers to manage quality performance
- New Product Introduction supplier development & qualification process confirmation
- Supplier process capability studies
- Management of non-conforming parts including containment, investigation and subsequent 8D process
- Technical liaison between suppliers and the business on part or process issues, ensuring timely resolution and close out
- Supplier PFMEA and DFMEA documentation generation, submission and approval
- Process improvement and cost down project management with suppliers
- Quality and Supplier related KPI’s and Business review participation
- New ways of working – e.g. release at source for onward processing etc.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous experience working within a similar role within a precision engineering environment
- Ideally aerospace knowledge / experience
- Ability to identify and understand supplier manufacturing processes and spot risks & opportunities to improve Quality, Reliability and Sustainability of supply
- Ability to solve technical issues and have full understanding of working through non-conformances
- Ability to identify process cost savings and implement cost down opportunities, and managing implementation projects
- Knowledge surrounding Lean Manufacturing
- PFMEA and/or DFMEA capability and experience
- NPI experience
- Knowledge or exposure to Thermal Spraying would be desirable but not essential
In return our client is offering:
- Stability and Longevity - Permanent
- Competitive salary - Circa £40,000 p.a depending on experience
- Early finish on Fridays
- Additional benefits include: 25 days holiday, perk box membership, life assurance, sick pay, contributory pension scheme, modern working environment, free parking and much more.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org