Supply Chain Manager, Purchasing Manager, Supply Chain and Logistics, Supply Chain, Purchasing, Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Nuclear, Medical, Position: Permanent, Location: Birmingham, Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 p.a
Supply Chain Manager - Birmingham based, Permanent position
EMBS are in partnership with an established, fast growing precision engineering company that are market leaders in manufacturing medium to large sized, complex, highly intricate parts for a number of industries including Aerospace.
Supporting large OEM's across the world, our client is looking to bring on a Supply Chain Manager who will have a big impact on the business and its growth.
The role is be based at their site in Birmingham but there may be travel to other UK sites from time to time.
The purpose of this position is for the chosen person to be accountable for the operational performance of the external supply chain (both direct & indirect) to deliver the required quality, cost and delivery performance across the UK sites.
Duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the effective day to day supplier relationship management and operational performance of supplier
- Foster effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to continually improve the quality of service delivered by the purchasing and supply chain team
- Responsible for the global quality and delivery performance of the external supply chain and the resolution of any performance related issues through the enactment of contractual clauses where appropriate
- Lead short / medium term cost improvement plans with strategic suppliers. Understand suppliers manufacturing processes / services and associated cost drivers to support any cost improvement plans
- Define SMART KPIs to effectively manage the supply chain and implement a robust operational management process to drive improved performance
- Create a culture of high performance through effective development and performance management of the UK supply chain team
- Support the deployment of category / supplier strategies and provide inputs based on supply chain operational performance
- Challenge the supply chain team to continually improve key processes and strategies to drive a competitive advantage for the business
- Improve logistics and inventory management processes to deliver improved value and performance to the Business
- Support the deployment of supply chain audits and risk management practices to assess, communicate and mitigate supply chain risks
The successful person will have the following experience:
- Experience of Supply Chain & Purchasing within a precision engineering environment - ideally Aerospace
- Supplier relationship management experience
- Programme & Project management experience
- Proven track records in delivering results
- Experience in business transformation and implementing new ways of working
- Ability to influence at all levels with appropriate negotiating skills
- Leadership and people development skills - motivate and support teams to meet objectives and goals
In return, our client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - £50,000 - £60,000 p.a
- Hours: 8am - 5pm Monday to Thursday and 8am - 1pm on Friday
- Additional benefits which include: Modern working environment, progressive business with continued investment, holidays, contributory pension scheme and much more.
If you are interested in this position and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org