Composite Laminator, Pre preg, Laminator, Laminating Team Leader, Composite Team Leader, Team Leader, Laminating Supervisor, Laminating Foreman, Composite Supervisor, Aerospace, Motorsport, Automotive, F1, Manufacturing, Engineering, Location: Graveley, Hertfordshire, Position: Permanent, Salary: Circa £30,000 p.a depending on experience
TEAM LEADER WANTED - LAMINATING DEPARTMENT, GRAVELEY, PERMANENT
EMBS are currently working in partnership with a market leading precision engineering company that manufacturing detailed parts for a number of industries.
Currently, an opportunity has opened for a Team Leader / Supervisor within their Laminating department.
This role is a vital position within their team as they are currently experiencing considerable volumes of work and therefore require additional support.
This role will be focused around supporting and supervising a team of people (6-10) to deliver against targets and ensure the team understands the expectations and standards required, set by the company and the customer.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Understanding and driving delivery of sales vs forecast
- Allocate 'Work to Lists' tasks and priorities to team members with the aim of achieving 'Zero Defects' and 'On Time Delivery requirement and work to lists.
- Advise on any actions which may need to be taken to ensure quality and/or delivery targets are met i.e. overtime, redistribution of resource, rescheduling of work orders etc.
- Write and update SOP's whilst ensuring team members are trained and adhered to SOP's
- Identify improvement opportunities within the workflow / working practices / processess
- Support 6S and lean manufacturing methodologies
- Organising and distribution of work to the team
- Manage absences, holidays, sickness etc.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate:
- Previous Team Leading / Supervisory experience
- Worked within a precision engineering / manufacturing environment
- Background or previous experience within Laminating or Composites
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to lead by example and have worked to strict deadlines
- Knowledge of Health & Safety within the workplace
In return my client is offering:
- Stability / Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - Circa £30,000 p.a depending on experience
- Day shift - early finish on Fridays
- Excellent permanent benefits package - contributory pension scheme, 25 days holiday + stat, life insurance, shares scheme, health care plan, sickness plan, online discounts, canteen facilities and much more
If you are interested in the role, feel you meet the above criteria and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org