Engineering Estimator, Estimator, Technical Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Manufacturing, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable
ENGINEERING ESTIMATOR / TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER WANTED - PERMANENT, NOTTINGHAM
EMBS are the exclusive partner for a leading, growing engineering company based in Nottingham who are making ground breaking moves to become the market leader in manufacturing complex precision components for a number of industries.
This successful, high profile sub-contract precision engineering company produces anything from simple machined parts to complex turnkey assemblies and products.
We are currently seeking an experienced and qualified Engineer with a Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering background (or similar technical background) who has the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, produce routings and estimate or calculate machining times for new products.
PLEASE NOTE - We would also consider offering training to an Engineer or Machinist with a Production Engineering / Manufacturing Engineering background who has the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and who is or has previously been employed as a CNC machinist. This role offers a great opportunity for candidates who are looking to progress their career.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Visiting customers with or without sales team personnel with a view to providing technical support in order to win new business or resolve technical issues.
- Preparation of works instructions that clearly define the manufacturing process for production staff and generation of clear BOM\'s (bill of materials).
- Identifying ways to standardise the quotation process to improve speed of production and accurate repetition.
- Providing post-sales support for the business through a mix of customer visits customers to discuss performance and requirements and second line customer services to both manufacturing and quality departments.
- Providing support to production to ensure products are manufactured to appropriate standards and in the most cost effective manner.
- Advising the appropriate processes for the manufacture of new products.
- Maintaining knowledge of current industry trends, techniques and equipment to ensure continuing competitiveness within the market.
- Ensuring that all personnel are aware of the quality standards and have all the information required to be able to implement them.
Successful applicants MUST be able to demonstrate the following:
- Precision engineering / manufacturing background
- Strong knowledge around machining (CNC & Manual)
- Ability to calculate cycle times, manning hours etc. (desirable but not essential)
- Knowledge of tooling, jigs and fixtures
- Ability to identify a method of manufacture working from an engineering drawing (desirable but not essential)
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Computer literate
The role will suit individuals who are currently working as an Engineering Estimator, Technical Sales Engineer (Project Manager with estimating experience or an experienced CNC machinist who believes they would excel in the above role) OR CNC Machinists who are looking to progress within engineering, get a better work life balance, come off the tools but remain involved in precision manufacturing.
In return the client is offering:
- Stability and Longevity - Permanent position
- Competitive salary - £Negotiable depending on experience
- Hours: Days, early finish on Fridays
- Additional benefits include: Company discretionary bonus, contributory pension scheme, sick pay, discounted gym memberships plus much more.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org