Engineering Estimator, Estimator, Technical Sales Engineer, Sales Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Engineering, Aerospace, Manufacturing,CNC Programmer, CNC Programming, CNC Machinist, CNC Technician, Applications Engineer, Location: Nottingham, Position: Permanent, Salary: Negotiable
TRAINEE / JUNIOR MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING ESTIMATOR - PERMANENT, NOTTINGHAM
EMBS are the exclusive partner for a leading, growing engineering company based in Nottingham who are making ground breaking moves to become the market leader in manufacturing complex precision components for a number of industries.
This successful, high profile, sub-contract precision engineering company produces anything from simple machined parts to complex turnkey assemblies and products.
Due to continued success, our client has an opening for a Trainee / Junior Manufacturing Engineering Estimator to join their existing team of Manufacturing Engineering Estimators on a permanent basis.
Candidates who may be suitable for this role could be either someone who has recently completed their Apprenticeship within Mechanical Engineering or similar, OR, has a sound machining background and is seeking a new challenge, away from the shopfloor into a more engineering role whilst still utilising the technical machining knowledge gained.
The purpose of this role is to create accurate cost estimates for the manufacture of high value, detailed machined components for a number of industries including Aerospace, Nuclear and Oil & Gas, from customer requirements.
This is a varied role which can offer a huge amount of versatility and autonomy.
Main Duties include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of detailed cost estimates for the manufacture of machined products to support the acquisition of new business and commercial activities on existing business.
- Identifying the method of manufacture for complex parts from the issue of raw material through to complete production.
- Calculation of all subcontract methods which may include Welding / Fabrication, Paint, Anodising, Heat Treatment, Testing etc.
- Source material
- Identifying ways to standardise the quotation process to improve speed of production and accurate repetition.
- Providing support to production to ensure products are manufactured to appropriate standards and in the most cost effective manner.
- Advising the appropriate processes for the manufacture of new products, providing technical support to the end customer
- Maintaining knowledge of current industry trends, techniques and equipment to ensure continuing competitiveness within the market.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Precision engineering / manufacturing background
- HNC/HND or technical background within engineering / manufacturing
- Strong knowledge around machining (CNC & Manual)
- Ability to roughly estimate calculate cycle times, manning hours etc.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Commercial awareness
- Computer literate
Training and support will be provided.
In return the client is offering:
- Stability and Longevity - Permanent position
- Salary - OTE £30,000 - £35,000 p.a
- Hours: Days
- Additional benefits include: 25 days holiday, contributory pension scheme, sick pay, discounted gym memberships, regular subsidised social events, health cash plan, onsite parking, modern working environment, structured growth & training plans plus much more.
If you are interested in the role and would like to apply, please submit your most up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org